Advertise in Cantate!
(Ad information also available for download here)
Cantate is the official magazine of the California Choral Directors Association. Published three times per year, it is mailed directly to 1,500 working choral directors, and seen by an average of more than 3,000 monthly visitors online. Our members and readers represent the full spectrum of choral musicians in California, and work with church choirs, community choruses, professional ensembles, children’s choruses, and academic choirs from elementary through collegiate.
Each issue includes feature articles and profiles, news about upcoming ACDA events, first-person essays on the choral profession, and practical items on vocal technique, pedagogy, repertoire, and much more.
Ad Specifications: Please follow these guidelines for your ad and/or share them with your graphic designer:
- Submit ads as high-resolution graphic files (300 dpi or greater) in either JPEG or PDF format.
- Do NOT include crop marks or bleeds.
- If you are purchasing a black and white ad, please submit your file in grayscale (not color).
- Please include your institution’s name or initials in the graphic file name.
Please note that ads that do not meet these specifications may not be accepted.
You should submit your ad at the time you reserve and pay for it. If that ad is not yet ready, please upload a document with your contact information and a note that the artwork is forthcoming. If you must send your ad later, please do so by the deadlines referenced in the table below.
There are 3 ways to submit your ad:
- Upload it with your reservation and payment
- Send us a link to the URL where your ad is saved in the cloud
- Email your ad to Kathleen Preston after you have reserved and paid for it
Instructions for all three methods are included in the invoice you will receive after you have submitted you reservation form. Click Here
to be taken to that form now, or keep reading below to learn more about ad sizes and rates, as well as deadlines for submission and publication dates.
Advertising Rates & Sizing
(6.25″ H x 7″ W Full Color)
|Inside front cover
(8.5″ x 11″ Full Color)
|Inside back cover
(8.5″ x 11″ Full Color)
(8.5″ x 11″ B&W)
(7″ x 6.67″ B&W)
(5″ x 8″ B&W)
(3.5″ x 5″ B&W)
Deadlines & Publication Dates
(3 editions per volume: Fall, Winter, Spring)
||Reserve space by August 1
Submit artwork by August 15
Published in October
||Reserve space by November 1
Submit artwork by November 15
Published in January
||Reserve space by March 1
Submit artwork by March 15
Published in May
Click Here to place your ad now!
Download Past Issues
Add your voice to Cantate!
(This information is also available for download here)
Why contribute to Cantate?
- Share your wisdom, experience, and interests with your CCDA colleagues
- It looks great on a résumé or in your professional-development file
- It’s a lot of fun to see your name in print….and it’s not that hard!
What are we looking for?
- Profiles of people or institutions doing interesting, exciting things in the California choral world
- Interviews with California (or California-adjacent / California-related) choral figures
- Practical and how-to articles about musical and organizational techniques
- Research and scholarship in your area of interest
- News and notes on awards, grants, hirings, retirements, premieres, innovations, etc.
- High-quality photos from CCDA or ACDA events or of California choruses
- You tell us! Send us your creative ideas.
Okay, tell me more.
- We’re happy to consider work you’ve already written (but not published), or to receive proposals for articles you’d like to write.
- Students are strongly encouraged to contribute!
- Length may range from a few sentences for a news item to ~2,000 words for an in-depth article.
- If you’re a brilliant writer, great! If your prose needs a little help, don’t worry—that’s what the editors are for.
- If you’re submitting photos, send them digitally in high resolution, and include the names of anyone pictured.
- Deadlines: Aug. 15 for September issue; Nov. 1 for January issue; March 1 for May issue.
Send your submissions, your ideas, or your questions to Eliza Rubenstein, Cantate editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Send news items—about hirings, retirements, commissions, awards, premieres, etc.—to your Regional Representative!