It’s my job to represent your interests as high school choral teachers, and particularly those areas where CCDA tries to excel–things like repertoire for various ensembles and levels, programming and program concerns, and many of the day-to-day aspects that involve teaching high school choir.
If you have any questions about the above or anything particularly relating to your job, please don’t hesitate to email me. If I can’t help you, I’ll certainly do everything I can to find someone who can!
Thank you for this opportunity to serve!
Here is the ACDA National “job description” for my position:
- Take a leadership role in communicating with constituents.
- Promote and organize State Honor Choirs, interest sessions, reading sessions, and roundtables at State Conventions.
- Attend State and Division Conferences and State and Division Committee meetings that are called by the State President and Division Chair.
- Submit articles and news briefs to the state newsletter.
- Serve on state level audition panels for State and Division Honor Choirs and choral honor performance recordings submitted by constituents.
- Take an active part in Division Conference activities including roundtables, reading sessions, interest sessions, and assist the Division Chair with the organizing and executing of Division Honor Choirs.
- Submit web page information to your state website.
- Oversee projects that you and your state constituents deem necessary to assist in enhancing choral education in your area of R&R expertise.