California All State Music Education Conference
Note: For full bios and details about the Performers, Interest Sessions,
and Reading Sessions at CASMEC, click here.
CASMEC Performing Ensembles:
- Featured Ensemble: Kitka
- “Bella Voce” Acalanes High School Bruce Lengacher
- “Vocal Jazz Ensemble” American River College Dr. Arthur Lapierre
- “Tenor Bass Ensemble” Reyburn Intermediate School Allison Crose
- “Concert Choir” California State University, Fullerton Dr. Christopher Peterson
- “Vocalise,” & “Cantabile” Elena Sharkova
- “Chamber Singers” Bakersfield College Dr. Jennifer Garrett
- “Chamber Singers” Monte Vista High School Jodi Reed
- “Chamber Singers” Santa Clara University Dr. Scot Hanna-Weir
- “VOCE” Cuesta College John Knutson
- Essential Ingredients for a Successful Secondary Choral Program: Committing to the Process
Dr. Angel Vasquez Ramos
- Finding Their Space: Re-Inventing The Choral Audition
Dr. Alyssa Cossey
- The First Five Years: A Survival & Planning Guide
- Inside-Out Conducting: Uncovering your unique conducting style
Dr. Buddy James
- Modifying Scores to Suit the Ensemble
- Selecting and Teaching Repertory for the Singers You Have and the Choir You Want to Build
Dr. Jenny Bent
- Sound before Sight? Taka-what? Creating Sound Musicians in the Choral Classroom
Dr. Joshua Palkki
- Tackling Difficult Dialogues through Repertoire
Dr. Scot Hanna Weir
- Unveiling the Mystery: Understanding Arabic Choral Music for the Western Choral Conductor
Dr. Cari Earnhart
- We Can Mend the Sky: Choral Music and Social Justice in an Age of Division
Dr. Joshua Palkki
- WHAT? I’m teaching CHOIR ? !
Choral Leadership Academy:
- This event is for high school, community college, and university students interested in the choral music profession.
The CLA will bring together high school students who demonstrate an interest in the music profession, together with pre-service college music education majors, for two days of musical and educational activities. These activities will teach musicianship skills, inspire confidence, and build camaraderie among musicians of the next generation. Click here for more information.
Conference Registration is Now Open! Click here to learn more. Be sure to enter your ACDA member number when you register. It can be found above your name on the address label of your Cantate magazine.