2020 Junior High All State will be part of the CASMEC conference in Fresno, February 20-22, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: The structure of All State will be changing in 2020. We will be changing to the CODA/CBDA model, in which the cost for participation will include hotel (all students must stay at the honor choir, even local students), hotel, meals, music, t shirt, recordings, and transportation from the hotel to rehearsals and performances (transportation to and from Fresno is NOT included). Actual price has not been determined, but we estimate the cost to be between $400 and $500 per singer. Please check back often this summer for updates.
The 2020 Junior High All State conductor will be Dr. Andrea Ramsey.
Join our Remind (group messaging):
Either search for our class code (2019ccdajh) in the free Remind App
or send a text to 81010 with the message @2019ccdajh
- Open mind & a great attitude!
- Black Folder
- Pencils (several)
- Water Bottle(s)
- Cough Drops/Lozenges
- Layers of clothing
- you won’t be able to go to the hotel between rehearsals, so you’ll need to bring clothes for cool mornings/evenings and warm afternoons
- Performance Attire (white from the waist up, black from the waist down)
White tops (long sleeves please)
Black bottoms (pants or skirts, skirts must be at least knee length)
Black dress socks/tights (tights must be worn if skirt is not floor length)
Black dress shoes
BE ON TIME TO ALL REHEARSALS. This means you should be entering the rehearsal room door at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the rehearsal and are seated in your assigned seat 5 minutes prior to the conductor’s downbeat.
- Please wear your name badge during all rehearsals.
- NO gum, food or drink, other than water, in rehearsals.
- ALL CELL PHONES and/or devices are to be turned OFF (not vibrate!) before you enter the rehearsal room. Leave your phones in your luggage or with someone else during the performance.
- DO NOT wear perfumes or other strong scents prior to or during rehearsals and performance.
- It is expected that each singer will use good judgment in personal behavior throughout the entire honor choir experience. Failure to do so will result in immediate dismissal from the honor choir.
Rehearsal Schedule (subject to change)
10:00-11:45am Check in (First Immanuel Lutheran 374 S 3rd Street 95112)
Signs will direct you to the registration tables. *Please note: Parking is very limited in downtown San Jose.
After you have checked in you are free until 12:10pm. Please eat lunch before rehearsal!
Please plan to return to First Immanuel Lutheran at 12:10 pm on Thursday.
It will take additional time to get everyone seated.
Rehearsal will begin promptly at 12:30 pm.
12:30-4:30pm First Rehearsal
4:30-5:00pm Short stretch break
Dismissed at 6:30pm Eat a good dinner and get a good night’s sleep for tomorrow!
5:45-8:00pm Honor Choir Exchange Concert (St. Joseph’s Cathedral)
Students MUST be in the Cathedral by 5:45pm.
When the Exchange Concert is finished students are released to their chaperones.
Get a good night’s sleep for the concert tomorrow!
8:30am Meet at rehearsal location in performance attire and we will walk to the Cathedral for sound check.
We will sit on the risers after sound check and start the concert at 10:15am.
10:15am Honor Choir Concert at St. Joseph’s Cathedral (Junior High and TTBB Choir)
Students will be released to their chaperones at the end of the TTBB half of the concert (more information to be sent through the Remind system during the event).
Junior High (6-9) All-State Chairperson
Director of Choirs, Bakersfield High School, Bakersfield, CA