Coastal Region Honor Choirs
2018 Coastal Region Honor Choir Conductors will be posted soon!
- Concert Attire Dress Code: in general, your attire that you wear in choir will work (your choir tuxedo or your choir dress). White (no color) dress shirts, black/dark ties, black formal shoes and socks, long dark gowns with shoulders (not strapless), black closed-toed shoes. Ironed, hair tucked back, minimal jewelry. If you have to ask, the answer is no — if you think your outfit is questionable at all, wear something else!
- Friday Dress Code: because rehearsal is on campus, we ask that on Friday morning and afternoon, all students wear their Coastal Honor Choir t-shirts (given to you on Thursday morning at registration). This way we can easily see (in addition to your name tags) which students on campus are Coastal versus regular SMHS students.
- Parking: Coastal has been asked to stay out of the SMHS and PAC (construction) parking areas. There is street parking, but expect to walk to and from your vehicles (ideally students are dropped off at the PAC and then their driver looks for parking). Some streets south of SMHS/PAC that are ideal for parking: State Street, Woodside, Villa Terrace, Grand, Bellevue, Claremont, Delaware until reaching Peninsula, and San Mateo Drive (which is a bit far away, but walkable)
- Meals (downtown San Mateo): Downtown San Mateo is a 20-25 minute walk and a 5-7 minute drive from the PAC. There are plenty of food and meal opportunities available downtown. There is a parking garage on Ellsworth between 3rd and 4th Streets.
- Meals (downtown Burlingame): Our San Mateo friends have sent the following info for a closer walk:
- two blocks north on Delaware Street is a small complex with a Safeway and Wingstop, and across is a restaurant called Celia’s
- five blocks north and west of SMHS (15-20 minute walk) is Downtown Burlingame, which also boasts lots of restaurants and cafes in a similar vein.
- Meals (general): If you’re feeling pressed on time, meals can of course be purchased ahead of time by your director/chaperone and brought to the PAC/SMHS at the start of our break periods.
- CD/DVD Purchase: if you’re interested in getting a CD/DVD of our event, please either print/fill this out, or email it directly to Sonic Stew!
- Permission Slips: Quite a few still outstanding! Thanks for turning these in as soon as possible.
- Octet Testing Reminder: Thursday morning you will be tested in octets to ensure all students participating know their notes and rhythms to a high degree of accuracy. We will turn away students who do not have their music learned. Thank you for preparing ahead of time!
- Solo Audition Reminder: Thursday morning you will also be allowed to audition solos for Women’s/Men’s music. Please have these also fully learned (notes, rhythms, text) if you are interested in them!
Coastal Honor Choir Chair
Coastal Honor Choir Chair
Albany High School / Albany Middle School
603 Key Route Blvd / Albany / 94706
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org