Mid-August Update 🙂
Registration is open! Click here to register for an audition slot and check out the information about the auditions below.
2019 Coastal Honor Choirs
San Mateo High School and the San Mateo Performing Arts Center
Rehearsals: November 21-23, San Mateo High School
Performance: November 23, San Mateo High School
Tentative 2019 Schedule
2019 Coastal Honor Choir Conductors
SATB: Dr. Shawna Stewart, Biola University
SSAA: Dr. Josh Palkki, California State University, Long Beach
TTBB: Dr. Gene Peterson, California Baptist University
Saturday, September 21
Christopher High School, Gilroy: Kira Dixon
Northgate High School, Walnut Creek: Geoffrey Carter
Will C. Wood High School, Vacaville: Colby Hawkins
Saturday, September 28
Cal Poly SLO, San Luis Obispo: Katie Bravante
Castro Valley High School, Castro Valley: Laryssa Sadoway
Del Norte High School, Crescent City: Dan Sedgwick
Lynbrook High School, San Jose: Crystal Isola
Pacific Collegiate School, Santa Cruz: Alice Hughes
Ukiah High School, Ukiah: Joshua Small
Deadline to register: Friday, September 13
Audition Fee: $10
Coastal Honor Choir Fee: $100 + hotel/accommodations (on your own)
All-State Honor Choir Fee: $360 (includes hotel/accommodations/meals)
CCDA Honor Choir Handbook
CCDA Honor Choir Sample Audition Video
Please read the following very carefully to be fully prepared for your audition (schedule below):
1) Electronic Devices (for non-accompanied auditions):
- If you are using a device alone to play your recording, make sure your device’s playback volume is sufficiently balanced to your singing volume.
- If your device is not sufficient in volume, please bring your own external speaker to amplify your device’s volume (if you are using Bluetooth, make sure your connection is 100% ready to go before you walk in to your audition).
2) ID Numbers/School Blocks:
- Your ID number is critical for us to know who you are. It is attached to your name.
- Within your school block, if your director changes your audition time, your ID number is STILL THE SAME ONE that is next to your name. They do NOT change with times.
- Be absolutely certain that your ID number is the number that the adjudicators have. A list with your name and ID number will be available at the registration tables.
3) Sopranos as altos:
- If you are registered and plan to audition as a soprano, we may mark on your audition form that you have a solid alto range. This is to ensure even scoring between sopranos and altos in the final tallies/honor choir placements.
- Although sopranos may not prefer to sing alto, we assume they likely would prefer to sing in honor choir as an alto, than to not sing in honor choir at all.
4) Solo Rubric:
- If you’d like to see how you are adjudicated on your solo, this is last year’s link.
- For this year, we are experimenting with a 10 point x 4 category rubric instead of a 20 point x 2 category rubric, to make more clear the reasons and choices behind various scores. If we go ahead with the 10 x 4, an update will be posted of the new rubric.
5) Coastal Weekend Commitment:
- Your registration and audition means you are committing to all three days of Coastal Honor Choir; no skipping rehearsals.
- If you are accepted into Coastal, you are expected to turn in all associated fees and open your schedule for the full weekend.
Coastal Honor Choir Chair
Coastal Honor Choir Chair
Albany High School / Albany Middle School
603 Key Route Blvd / Albany / 94706
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org